Wednesday, December 28, 2005

 

Join openBC

Most of you know that I've invested a huge amount of effort networking through LinkedIn. However, there are several other outstanding networking tools in the marketplace. Today, I had a conversation with Zhiyi Yu, a friend from my days at Harvard. Zhiyi is now a Managing Director for openBC. We had a long and interesting discussion about online networking tools, the differences between openBC and LinkedIn, and openBC's tremendous growth and future plans. Zhiyi is responsible for growing openBC in the greater China market. They have personnel in China working to expand its market share and be the #1 networking tool in China.

What makes openBC unique is that it has a version of the tool in just about every major language. As a result, it is extremely strong in Europe and Asia. If you are interested in networking with folks outside the US, you definitely should join openBC. openBC also facilitates actual networking events in cities around the world, so you may be interested in attending one of those.

If you do decide to join openBC, please connect to me. Here's my openBC profile. Or, you can email me and I will send you an invitation to join and connect automatically.

-Josh

Comments:
OpenBC is a multilingual network that enables to enter into contact in using 14 different languages. As Peter Small quoted in his Ultimate Game of Strategy "Establishing a successful niche in the lucrative world of e-business is about winning co-operation. It is a game that is 99% about communication and only 1% about technology." That's what openBC is doing!
 
I agree that you need other online networking tools to complement Linkedin and I think openBC's language options have the lead over other networks in that area.
As a UK based person I find Ecademy and Soflow very useful.
I am happy to connect with you at these networks;
Dave Clarke on Ecademy
Dave Clarke on openBC
Dave Clarke on Soflow
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google