Wednesday, December 14, 2005

 

Network with your fellow alums

Yesterday, I met the CEO of a Japanese software company for lunch. He is a fellow alum at the UCLA Anderson School of Business. I first connected with him because I created the Anderson Jobs Yahoo Group and he sent me a job listing to be posted. It was a good lunch, and we will continue to help each other network with high quality professionals.

So, I highly encourage you to participate in your schools' alum networks. Join any jobs distribution groups for the alums of your alma mater. Share job leads with your fellow alums. Send a note to the person who posted a listing that you forward to any of your friends. This will help you network with two people, the person who poste the position, and the person you forwarded the listing to.

-Josh

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google