Friday, January 20, 2006

 

Plan Your Own Networking Events

I can't believe it's been a week since my last post. This week has gone by incredibly fast. I did have two breakfast networking meetings with members of the Legal Resource Group, a networking organization for professionals selling to law firms. I also attended a Harvard Club of Fairfield County networking event.

One very good book on networking and how to succeed through networking is the book Never Eat Lunch Alone, by Keith Ferrazzi. One of the good pieces of advice in the book (among many), is that when you attend trade shows, you should plan some intimate gatherings for some select clients and potential clients.

Well, as I mentioned in my last post, I am planning my company's presence at LegalTech NY. We are hosting a small private dinner for some of our top existing clients and select potential clients at an upscale restaurant on the opening night of the conference.

So, my suggestions are to read Never Eat Lunch Alone, and to take Keith's advice and host your own exclusive networking events at tradeshows.

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google