Thursday, February 02, 2006

 

Network With Members of the Press

As I mentioned in my previous posts, I have been very busy with the planning for Legal Tech NY. It was a great conference. I met a large number of people, and reconnected with other folks I had not seen in a while. Our booth had a fairly constant throng of people throughout the conference.

One of the best networking events was organized by the company that put on Legal Tech, American Lawyer Media. On the second day, they invited vendors to have breakfast with the editors of the various ALM publications.

I met William Pollack, the President and CEO of ALM and Kevin Vermeulen, the VP and Group Publisher of the ALM Publications. I also met with the editors of the specific ALM publications that our clients read: Law Technology News, Corporate Counsel magazine, and e-Discovery Newsletter. I learned what each of the editors are looking for in terms of story ideas and press releases. Overall, it was a very productive breakfast networking event.

So, if you are ever at a trade show or conference, try to network with the conference organizers and/or editors of the journals in your industry. As you probably have heard many times, it is important to establish relationships with members of the press in your industry, because good press coverage is worth far more than advertising!



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google