Wednesday, April 05, 2006

 

Network With Colleagues

It's been a long, long time since my last post. I took some vacation before I started a new job, and I've been quite busy since. Before I left my previous job at nMatrix (now a part of EPIQ Systems), I sent an email through LinkedIn to each colleague that I worked with to thank them for all of their help, and asked that they keep in touch with me through LinkedIn. Many of them did sign up and connect with me. Having them connected to me will help us to keep in touch, because I can always search for them on LinkedIn and see their current email address and location.

After I started my new role as VP of Customer Management at RichFx, a B2B E-Commerce company that is a leader in online visual merchandising solutions, I imported the company's employee directory into my LinkedIn address book. Right away, I can see all of the RichFx employees that are also already on LinkedIn. I send all of these folks an email saying what a pleasure it was to meet them and that I looked forward to working with them in the future, and invited them to connect to me.

As I get to know my colleagues and direct reports at RichFx better, (those who are not already on LinkedIn), I will invite them to join and connect.

So, whether you are starting a new job, leaving your current job, or have been in your job for a while, I would recommend networking with your colleagues from your current and past employers. LinkedIn has a feature to tell you very quickly who are the other people at your company who are already on LinkedIn.

-Joshua Li

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Google